Provide skills to the young generation, currently targeting mothers in our communities, training on crafts is on progress and doing well. Weaving buskets, Bags, Trays,Necklesses etc.This helps members to earn a living and keep some small savings
Masks & Re-usable pads
We have got chance to train some members how to make MASKS and reusable PADS using the sewing machine of our local partner.
We plan to have the organization sewing machines so that the group can be able to make them on quantity and avail them to our school girls and daughters
Healthcare and Sanitation
- YAWA Uganda, promotes healthcare in our rural communities and schools, we distribute PADS to school girls for their hygiene.
- Advocating for community hygiene in our communities together with government community health personnel and providing counseling to pregnant teen mothers.
- Carry out counseling in schools on key topics like HIV/AIDS, drug abuse, Abstainance, career education etc.
- Promoting government and donor health development programs in our community.
- Looking for donors and well-wishers to fund the of toilet facilities with changing rooms for girls in schools to improve on Sanitation.
- Purchase and install water tanks in rural community schools to improve water supply and sanitation for the benefit of both students and teachers.
- Teaching Adolescent girls in our schools and community how to make & use reusable sanitary towels.